Reflection Blockville 2


In my scenes I want to try and create a bit more realistic environment. I went to edit my original blockville project, but because of how I created some elements before, it was easier to make new scenes from scratch. I wanted to make new scenes using some of the basic component modeling we learned in class to add features to our ‘blocks’ and give them a more realistic appearance. The visuals I used for my other two scenes were based on a block within a city, focusing on smaller building with larger skyscrapers seen in the background.
            I feel that in my two newly created scenes, I started to see development in my modeling ability. The scene, my second photo seen below, is the first attempt at component modeling and I think it went fairly well. The details, although pretty simple, add a greater affect than just blocks were able to in project 1. I was able to increase the detail and realism further in my final scene (the first image in the sequence below). I spent more time in evenly spacing the elements along with trying to get everything proportioned correctly. For my shot compositions, I wanted to focus on a single block, with the surrounding city in the background and foreground. I feel that having the scene in that composition, added to the realism and actually being on a street corner in the middle of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment